Bitcoin continues to gain popularity as a digital currency, but what business actually accept them? Here are 10 prominent online and brick-and-mortar retailers.
As of the time of writing, the going price for a Bitcoin is $621.69. If you've got some to throw around, here is a list of 10 places currently accepting Bitcoin as payment.
1. Virgin Galactic - The airline is now accepting Bitcoin for space flights on board the SpaceShipTwo. One seat on the six-passenger spaceship costs $250,000 and Virgin Galactic plans to operate flights out of Spaceport America in New Mexico by 2015.
2. Wordpress - The popular blogging platform accepts Bitcoins as payment for upgrades and allows users to install plug-ins for accepting the currency on personal websites that use the free service. The feature has been place since 2012.
3. Expedia - Expedia, the online travel site, announced it will start accepting Bitcoin for hotel bookings. If people utilize the service, the company said it will eventually bring it to other areas of the site like air travel, car rental, and other vacation services.
4. Pizza for Coins - Order a Domino's, Papa John's, or Pizza Hut pizza with Bitcoin using the website PizzaforCoins and receive it at your door. Pizza for Coins prices fluctuates as the demand for Bitcoin changes, but a large, thin crust Papa John's cheese pizza is $0.0259 Bitcoin right now, or $16.32.
5. The Pirate Bay - The popular BitTorrent website for downloading music, movies, games, and software accepts Bitcoin as donation funds to keep the site up and running. Before, the site relied on banner ads for money, and the digital currency makes it much harder to trace who is funding the site.
Actually there are a lot of things that you can experience using bitcoins, so enjoy it while it's hot!